At the time of this recording it’s January 17 and I’ll be honest…this is always a tough time. The holidays are over, it’s cold, it gets darker earlier, and our energy levels are generally lower. This year it’s especially tough because we’re anxious about what’s going on in the world and that 100% impacts our marketing.
How do you find energy to market yourself when you’re stressed or anxious? Here are my best tips:
- Check your thoughts. If you don’t have the energy to market yourself, it’s likely a result of the things you’re consuming. What are you watching? What are you reading? Who are you comparing yourself to? Set boundaries for the media and information you consume.
- Serve your clients. I always feel best when I’m focused on serving my clients and helping them make more money in their business. I started my business to serve others, so this always brings me back to what’s most important.
- Get some rest. You’re a human, not a robot. It’s perfectly normal to have times when your energy is low. Don’t make it mean anything other than you need to take some down time and rest. And yes, your business will be fine 😉
- Take action. Not taking action makes us feel worse. It’s counter-intuitive, but the more action you can take, the easier things will feel. You’ll also get more momentum because success compounds. Little wins always lead to big wins.
- Go back to what you’re good at. Often our energy depletes when we’re trying to be everything to everyone. We start taking on work that we don’t enjoy and serving clients who we don’t love. Go back to basics and talk about the topics that you’re naturally good at.
Connect with Market Like a Boss!
- Find & attract dream clients with Michelle’s Land Your Dream Client Challenge.
- Continue the conversation in Michelle’s Facebook Group
- Book a call to learn more about working with Michelle.
I’d greatly appreciate a podcast rating and review so that this podcast can reach more women!
- Search for the podcast in your podcast app (Market Like a Boss)
- Scroll down and click 5 stars
- Tap “Write a Review” & enter a brief review
- Press send